Job Posting – Alberta High Performance Mogul Team Coach
Freestyle Alberta has a successful Provincial Mogul Team tradition that includes rigorous camp-based training in the off season involving 95 days in fitness, water ramp, trampoline, glacier skiing, as well as October and December on snow camps. The competition season covers all Canada Cup and NorAm mogul events. The goal of our Alberta Mogul Team is to prepare and advance Learn-to-Compete athletes onto the National Mogul Team.
A fulltime Mogul High Performance Coach Position is for hire with the initial contract from June 1, 2018-April 30, 2019
Mogul Coach Qualifications:
- Competition Development Freestyle Ski Moguls certified or equivalent;
- Certified Air 4 B Module to qualify inverted jump skills
- LEAD with strong communication and technical coaching skills the development of mogul talent in Alberta, preparing team members to advance to national team opportunities.
- Implement a yearly training and competition plan for the team which includes individual’s goal setting and evaluations. Supervise all aspects of this plan with team athletes and utilize other sport science services.
- Respect personal growth and mentor best health and safety practices for these young persons.
- Coach collaboratively with others to ensure best instruction for team members’ needs.
- Administrative duties to include advance coordination and communication of travel plans to team families, and monitoring of team expenses within the program budget.
- Participate in the development of the mogul skiing discipline in the Freestyle Alberta and Freestyle Canada
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume and two reference contacts to [email protected] by May 27. Queries regarding this position can be emailed to [email protected] or call Susan at 403-297-2718